Fun times ahead...
We went to the Arkansas State Fair on Friday and were completely amazed by what it had to offer. Boozie didn't love the loud noise and bright lights on the Midway so we hung around the barns instead. It was his first time seeing live animals and he was definitely fascinated. We saw some of the biggest cows I've ever seen. There was one white one that was so huge it could barely even sit down. Arkansans don't mess around with their beef, I guess. The pigs were gigantic too. We also saw tiny baby ducklings and chicks that were adorable. Growing up in Fresno I kept asking where the display of the big gourds, grapes, etc... but the only agriculture we ever saw was in one corner of a barn and it was merely 4 things: 2 giant pumpkins and 2 giant watermelons. We did learn that Arkansas is one of the states that produces the most chicken and eggs so that explained the lack of agriculture displays.
And then of course, there's the crazy food. T decided his consumption would include a deep-fried Zinger, vinegar fries, a big-as-your-thigh turkey leg (what kind of turkeys do those come from anyway?), and a chocolate-covered piece of bacon. Yes, they do exist. CB & I shared a piece of cheese pizza. Boring, I know, but there's not much at the fair that appeals to us non-meat eaters. It was a fab time.
This was Boozie's face while he looked at every animal, especially when they climbed up on the cage and stared him down.
Documentation of the pig licker
Yee-haw.
8 comments:
NC has all the good agriculture, too - it's weird that AR doesn't. I got so sick one year on that turkey leg, ugh. I can barely think about it.
Boozie looks like he's kinda over the fair in the last one :)
It was way past his bedtime and towards the end he was definitely dunzo!
your child literally could not be cuter! i miss the big fresno fair...especially how marge and pops would take us only for the agriculture. :) i went with my friends my senior year of high school, and while they were disinterested, i dragged them through the whole exhibit.
hehe. who on earth wouldn't want to see everyone's display of grapes and how cotton is made...
the salt lake fair is a good time as well. although i skip the animals and go straight to the rides and demolition derby. and, of course, the people watching cannot be beat!
I am noting the contents that Trav consumed. Only because I'm just a little scared. For him.
I read in a magazine one time that the "turkey legs" are almost always emu legs...not even kidding!
the agriculture stuff is in a building on the fairgrounds. I think it's the hall of agriculture?
Post a Comment