I'm reading this book right now called Year of Wonders by Geraldine Brooks. It takes place in the 1600s in England when the plague hits a small town. The main character is Anna, who is a very young mother. I just read this line last night and I loved it,
"I left the children in their sleepy tangle. . .they both smelled so sweet, lying there in their night warmth. I put my face to their necks and breathed the yeasty scent of them. God warns us not to love any earthly thing above Himself, and yet He sets in a mother's heart such a fierce passion for her babes that I do not comprehend how He can test us so."
Anyway, just thought I'd share since it seemed appropriate with this post.
I wish I had something deep to say or quote like your other friends, but I just want to know where you got that cute blanket? I think my new bundle of joy wants to be swaddled in a mod blanket like that, too!
they're best swaddle blankets ever! we own 3. swaddledesigns.com is the company and babycenter.com is the cheapest place to find them on a special clearance. :)
10 comments:
I'm reading this book right now called Year of Wonders by Geraldine Brooks. It takes place in the 1600s in England when the plague hits a small town. The main character is Anna, who is a very young mother. I just read this line last night and I loved it,
"I left the children in their sleepy tangle. . .they both smelled so sweet, lying there in their night warmth. I put my face to their necks and breathed the yeasty scent of them. God warns us not to love any earthly thing above Himself, and yet He sets in a mother's heart such a fierce passion for her babes that I do not comprehend how He can test us so."
Anyway, just thought I'd share since it seemed appropriate with this post.
wow. that is so beautiful. i totally know how that feels. although i describe his smell as peaches and cream or candy, rather than yeasty. :)
awww. that is my new fave pic of cb. you should post it in picasa bigger for peeps :)
I love that quote! So true and eloquent. LOVE the picture. Such cuteness.
ya. it's in the picasa album, lis.
I wish I had something deep to say or quote like your other friends, but I just want to know where you got that cute blanket? I think my new bundle of joy wants to be swaddled in a mod blanket like that, too!
they're best swaddle blankets ever! we own 3. swaddledesigns.com is the company and babycenter.com is the cheapest place to find them on a special clearance. :)
Precious.
I feel like this picture could be in one of those baby calendars...you know...the kind that make all the ladies go awww...
soooo precious. don't you just love them when they are sleeping?
Post a Comment