

We can't believe it... There is a very funny thing about the South and weather. First of all, Southerners are obsessed with weather. Alitris has become one of them. They refer to the weathermen by their first name, as if they're friends, and they have the radar set as their home page. If snow or freezing rain is "called for" as they say instead of saying predicted, everyone rushes to the store and buys milk and bread. Nothing else but milk and bread. Still haven't figured out what they're all making with the milk and bread. So there have been various weather reports in Little Rock calling for freezing rain and/or snow or a wintry mix, as they call it. Nothing remarkable has ever happened. A few icicles here and there but no snow thus far. So when they predicted snow for today I was very skeptical, especially since it's going to be 60 tomorrow and was 73 this weekend. But, as me and Charlie Boy got up at 4 am for his "fourth meal", there really was snow falling! I got so excited cos I assumed Alltel would be closed since they closed every other time the weathermen even predicted snow. But for some reason they're still open so Travis is at work. We still haven't figured out how they determine all this stuff here in the South but Charlie Boy was happy to see his first snow this morning.
6 comments:
I know!...crazy! snow in Arkansas!...I can't wait to see Charlie!
I talked to my friend and the website she's using is York, but she said for her next one she might use Kodak Gallery instead. You can submit pics and journaling and then choose colors and either a hard cover or soft covers for grandparents or whatever. I might do one for my family for Christmas next year or something.
I'm not jealous of the snow....we had our fair share this year and I'm glad it's gone!
The whole city depends on the infamous Little Rock School District to determine if they should either a)leave the house, or b) raid the store for ingredients for your favorite bread pudding.
Rumor has it that the LRSD makes this determination depending on machismo. They have a guy at the office who's very macho, and they ask him to drive across town. If he makes excuses, they close schools. On any other day, he'll chirp some rodies on the way out of the parking lot.
sure wish that macho dude at lrsd asked my opinion. :)
What was Charlie having for his "fourth meal?" Let me guess. . .a bean burrito, double-decker taco and a mexican pizza. I saw his appetite, he can finish it all.
love the bit about the weather obsession! that cracks me up. what a crazy thing. sounds like charlie has an appetite like asher.
Post a Comment