Monday, March 17, 2008

Organizing Life



So now that Charlie Boy (CB) is here and I'm at home all day I realize that we haven't really ever completely moved in and gotten organized like I would've liked. There were boxes here and there and piles of things we just didn't know what to do with. So since I'm here and looking at these piles all day now, I got the fire to get organized and find places for things. It's been fabulous. Definitely a work in progress but it's coming along. Our laundry room used to have tool boxes and gift bags and stuff all over the counters and now it's immaculate. The tool boxes found a home and the gift bags got put in this super sweet contraption by the container store.

Our guest room closet is huge but is very poorly laid out so we bought this shelving unit. Now I'm just regretting that I didn't take before and after photos. Oh well.

Another area we're really cracking down is in the finance department. We've never spent more money than we make, but let's be honest, neither Trav nor I are very frugal. We have expensive taste and like nice things. So now that I will only be working part-time, CB is costing money, and student loans are coming due we decided to really get organized and make a budget that we follow more strictly. So Trav found this site called I Will Teach You To Be Rich and also Mint to track our spending and set up our budget. It's fun to see progress and to see the house becoming more organized. Pretty fab indeed.

And we can't really post on the blog without a pic of Charlie Boy, now can we?

4 comments:

kristin said...

I'm gonna check out those "Frugal" sites you mentioned, I could always use help in that department. Shopping is my favorite hobby!

Charlie is lookin' more and more like Travis!

mindi said...

thanks for the tips!
i need the gift-bag organizer but i'll have to sign in to mint to see if it's okay to buy!

kaye said...

Love your new header. I'm heading to your nifty sites now. Anything to help :) Charlie is so dang cute!

Lima Bean said...

Mint is interesting. You'll have to let me know how you like it after using it for a little while.