
Ever since we got married, we've talked about how we need to make living wills and a trust, etc... Just in case. After following the story of Christian & Stephanie Nielson and after receiving the Quicken WillMaker from T's parents, we decided to really get it going. So last night for our FHE activity, we made our living wills and our AB Trust. It was very helpful to have this little program because otherwise, I'm pretty sure you'd have to hire a lawyer to know what any of the legal wording means. Even with the program, sometimes we had no idea what the questions were asking. Nevertheless, it is a relief to know that if we die, (heaven forbid) our wishes will be granted regarding CB and our large and vast empire (lucky family members). Also, the whole process of making both of our living wills and our trust only took about 1 hour--time very well spent, in my eyes.
So I just want to encourage everyone who reads this to take the time to make their own legal preparations. I know it's very sad to think about, and some people think it's going to jinx them or whatever, but it can be a reality and it would be very sad to have all kind of legal hassle for family members at such a devastating time. Just my two cents.
8 comments:
Hey, can you make us a will with that? We'll even hire you if you want. How does it work?
::Glances over at WillMaker Plus 2008 still on bookshelf::
Oh boy, we need to get on the ball, we haven't opened ours since we got it. Good for you guys!
I actually made myself a note yesterday to ask the boys if they had used the program yet. Way to go! I know it is a relief and such a good thing to have in place. Did you look at any of the other documents they have in this package? Hugs!!
I call dibs on the TV!
(heaven forbid :)
so true, so true...i need that program! Can I call dibs on cb or does he have to stay in the family??
Hiya babe! Can you email me at amytsharp(at) gmail (dot) com and let's get the Nie Auction teethers coming yr way :) xo Amy
Good call. We just did a finance night for Enrichment last month and they talked about that. I've had software I borrowed from the library sitting on my desk for 2 and a half weeks. Guess it's time to crack it open and get it done before I have to take it back. :)
i know i'm a little behind on the commenting to this post - but i thought i'd let you know i've decided to leave everything to charlie. beth can execute but he gets my entire lot of wealth. which is probably equivilant to not much but whatever.
Post a Comment