Today I wanted to make pancakes for me and CB but he can't eat eggs yet and I don't want him to eat processed white flour yet either. So I decided to manipulate a recipe and see how they would turn out. They were delicious. CB ate a whole 1/2 pancake without syrup or anything.
Here's the recipe for about 10 small-medium pancakes:
1 C whole wheat pastry flour
3/4 t Egg Replacer
1 t baking powder
1/4 t baking soda
1/4 t salt
1 T sugar
1 T water
1 C buttermilk
1 1/2 T butter, melted
Next time I think I'll add some banana or blueberries or something.
Almost all of the pancake is gone and he's happy.
6 comments:
Sounds like my kind of recipe! All except for the buttermilk... maybe I'll try it with soy milk. :)
you totally could replace it for sure. i'm pretty sure it's just for moisture.
I'm curious - did he pick up little pieces himself or did you put it inside that little thing that's on his highchair tray?
Wild - egg replacer? Who knew such a thing existed?
Boozie's about to blast off in his rocket, there.
I gave him the pancake in pieces and he fed it to himself. There's actually a piece of apple in that fresh food mesh thing.
in regard to the photo: its like he's so excited he doesn't even know what to do with himself! either that or he's passing gas. it's anyone's guess, i guess.
Post a Comment