Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Yum

Don't these pictures make your mouth water? Delish. And how awesome is this? Now that I'm home more, I love to cook even more. I got a fab wheat bread recipe from a friend and now we don't buy bread anymore. We're homemade-only snobs. Now, whenever we go to restaurants (which is VERY rare), I always compare the food to different recipes I've tried and picture it could be better. The key to good cooking is good recipes. That's it. Some of my personal faves are Ina Garten, Cooking Light, Ellie Krieger, and sometimes Dave Lieberman. I like to combine ideas and for example: use Dave Lieberman's cheap recipes with Ellie Krieger's healthy tips. Yum.

3 comments:

Lima Bean said...

I'd say that the key to good cooking is good seasoning. If you don't know how to season food, it will taste gross. But a good recipe definitely helps. I want to taste your bread! I bet it is so yummy.

Em said...

I have an idea: Come to Little Rock and I'll make you your very own loaf. :) And ya, I totally agree with the seasoning comment.

Lis said...

I'm with you on Tastespotting, of course, and that contraption is just cracking me up :)

I agree on all counts (except sometimes Ellie substitutes heat and jerk or Cajun flavors for fat, and me and my digestive system can't really get behind that) but I disagree about going out to eat - I love the whole experience of having someone else cook and see what things they put together and how they serve it. That goes for eating at Crook's Corner and at Dixie Cafe (mmm, rolls with a honey crater). I love it.