
Yes, it's that time again where we get to enjoy our delicious local produce in our Basket-A-Month. We picked it up this evening and are so excited for its contents: spring mix greens, lettuce, onions (they even have the stems on; it's so cool), garlic, lemon basil (smells divine), oregano, free-range grain-fed eggs, strawberries, milk, sweet potatoes, mung bean sprouts (we ate them tonight in our salad and they're so tasty), cheddar cheese, jalapeno jack cheese, colby cheese, sugar snap peas, shiitake mushrooms, sesame shiitake mushroom dressing, and beefalo (which is now in the freezer until Travis figures out how he's going to cook it). It's so exciting each month to see what's in season and to eat all the fresh produce. Jealous, anyone?
2 comments:
Me! I'm jealous.
As for the beefalo, that sounds fascinating. Apparently bison is 50% less fatty than beef but it has the same kind of high iron and nutritional value. I've always wondered about the taste. My vote for preparation (assuming it's a steak of some kind) is just rested to room temp, little olive oil, and generously seasoned with s&p and pan-seared or grilled medium. And rested for 5-8 min.
I would post this advice on Trav's blog if I didn't think that he completely abandoned it :)
haha. it is def abandoned. i think it's more like ground. i didn't open the package but it's like a bag in the freezer. the recipe they sent is for beefalo shiitake stroganoff but he thought he might do some burgs and then something else.
Post a Comment