Monday, July 13, 2009

He walks!

Well, it's been many months since a lot of his friends started walking but today was the day that he decided to join the ranks of the upright peeps. I say "decided" because he has been very coordinated and strong walking by holding my pinky for weeks now and I knew he could do it; he's just stubborn like mama and didn't want to fall, I think. So I tricked him by holding a toy and he held onto the other end and then he would walk to me. Then after a few times I let go of the toy and he walked to me, holding his little toy, unknowing that he was doing it alone. Then when Papa came home, he improved on his skills and now can walk from Mama to Papa with a huge proud grin on his face. The only grins bigger are ours. To celebrate we got Japanese food for dinner and Boozie ate more than we did. It's his second try at Japanese and I think it's his favorite type of food so it turned out to be a good congrats meal.

My little baby is getting so big. Good thing there will be another little mini in December so I don't get too sad that these little milestones are over.


7 comments:

Hymas Family said...

What a BIG boy. I love Travis' laugh in the background! Emilee, where's your baby bump? Mine "popped" out so soon with Audrey, but you still look like your normal little self! Congrats on your big boy walking & the new little one on the way!

Em said...

the baby bump is there but i think i'm the only one that ever notices it. it's still pretty small. def bigger than it was with charlie, but still smaller than most, i think. luckily i can still wear all my normal clothes :)

Amy said...

YAY for Boozie!! What a cute little guy. So glad you guys are happy and loving Ney Joy-zee. We sure miss you here.

Rob Glade said...

Oh wow. They sure don't stay little, huh? Congratulations Charlie! And what a great celebratory dinner. Yum!

There is a big toy firetruck here at grandma&Grandpa's house. TJ holds onto it and walks all over the house. I'm hoping that he doesn't realize just what he's doing. We miss Charlie, but TJ does not need any encouragement! If he saw Charlie walking, it might be too much for him, and he'd HAVE to finish figuring it out.

anjer said...

japanese? me too. good choice boozieton...

i cried when i saw the vids! ha. proud aunt, proud proud aunt!

Virginia G said...

So adorable...won't be long until he's running (and falling, and telling you about his boo-boos, etc.). So what's your due date - have they given you a real date yet?

Em said...

virginia- i know! i keep saying "oh no. this means he's going to start falling down". t just laughs. my official due date is 13 dec. we haven't had the u/s yet where they determine based on size but since we did ivf, this is pretty accurate.