T turned 31 on Saturday so I planned a super fun-filled day. We woke up at 5 am and headed over to this gigantic hot air balloon festival. Seeing how Boozie loves airplanes, helicopters, birds, and anything in the sky really, we knew he'd be in heaven. And he was. After walking through 2 fields of mud in my new gladiator sandals, we were finally there (mud-coated feet and all) and watched the AT&T balloon lead the way, quickly followed by over 100 other balloons. Boozie kept pointing and whispering "bop", which is his word for ball. There was an Energizer bunny hot air balloon, Darth Vader helmet, barn with animals heads sticking out, a golf ball, a giant panda bear, a strawberry (one of Boozie's favorite fruits and favorite balloons), a barrel with pirate paraphernalia poking out the top, and many many others. It was breath-taking. Now T would like to go up for a ride in one. Maybe next birthday.
Then we ate the breakfast for all true Northeasterners, bagels. T had a bagel with cream cheese and lox and I longingly drooled over it and thought good thoughts for the bambino in utero as I ate my multigrain bagel. Then it was time for presents. T was spoiled this year with Yankees vs Red Sox baseball tickets, a Canon Rebel XSi camera, and a few other gifts. So as he played with his new gadget, Boozie and I decided it was naptime. Staring up in the sun at all the balloons made my damaged corneal epithelial cells need some rest.
Apparently the 5am wake-up call was a lot for Boozie because he slept for over 3 hours. When he finally woke up, we headed out for delicious Indian food (Boozie's favorite was the mango lassi, of course) and onto Alstede Farms where we got to see animals, eat homemade ice cream, and buy freshly-picked peaches and blueberries. Yum. All in all it was a fabulous day. And here is documentation of T's new hobby:
4 comments:
Fun!..and happy b-day to T!!!!..I've always wanted to go and see one of those hot air balloon shows...
What a perfect birthday, and I'm so glad Trav will have fun using his new camera, so we get to see the great pictures. Charlie's hair looks so good.
Did I just read that you are pregnant, and realize that I must be way behind in things...yes. So how far along...details...
ya. i announced it on the blog a few posts ago and am almost 22 weeks. it's flying by. i cant' believe it!
Post a Comment