Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Doesn't get any better than this

[insert contented sigh] Right now I'm sitting and eating exactly what I used to eat in Sweden everyday for 1.5 years: thinly-sliced mild sourdough rye bread topped with butter, prast cheese, thin cucumber slices, and thin tomato slices. I'm in heaven. Thank you, only-30-minute-away Ikea. The only thing missing is this seasoning salt that we ate sprinkled on top and I have no idea how I would locate it. Boozie also loved Ikea and learned a new word while we were there, kaka, which means cookie. I bought some Anna's pepparkakor and Boozie really wanted some and learned to ask for them.

It is warm and sunny outside and as soon as Boozie wakes up, we're going swimming. We had a fabulous past weekend and are already planning our next weekend trip for this weekend: H&M and the beach. We are definitely loving living here, in case it wasn't obvious.

Boozie has been amazing us with all the words he picks up. He loves to repeat us; he's our little parrot. He now has even included some English words in the mix:
-klocka (clock/watch)
-kaka (cookie)
-buh-bye
-um
-so
-no

And a few pics from our fab weekend in the City:


The rooftop deck at our hotel, The Pod.

Rooftop deck

We thought a carousel ride in Central Park was a good idea. Boozie thought otherwise.

Jersey City on the Hudson River waiting for the fireworks to start.

5 comments:

{irene} said...

oh girl!..I'm so happy for you guys!....what a fun place to live!!!

Amy said...

Awesome!!! I knew you would love it! So close to the big city...who wouldn't!

Virginia G said...

I love the carousel photo! I've been wondering whether it would be scary for Freddy - the answer, based on this photo, is "probably".

Becky said...

yum, that sounds so good...and everything sounds so fun...i'm jealous of h&m!

Rob Glade said...

You make me miss the city... but we'll be 3 hrs from Dallas, so that will do!
Too fun. I'm glad you've had a good start. That makes a difference. You're going to have a great time living there.
We miss you, too.
I went for my first run since getting the tonsils out this week, and it was TOUGH. Only 2 miles, too. It's harder to run when out-of-shape when I'm alone. *sigh*