Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Gdipe extravaganza

Everyone knows I love gdiapers and anyone within the sound of my voice has heard me rave about them and try convince you to use them. :) They're so easy to use, easy to wash, and good for the environment, etc... They're offering a sweet deal that I just couldn't not tell my fellow blog friends about. Especially you with babies on the way. They have a starter kit that comes with 6 gpants (the cloth outer cover w the waterproof snap-in liner) that is usually $70 that with a special code is only $40. I still can't believe it. So I'll get the code in a week and I'll send it to anyone who's interested.

And... the latest news which I think is now a good time to share is Boozie will soon have a sibling to play with! Well, not too soon, but in December. I'm almost 15 weeks so I'm into the 2nd trimester and feeling great. Actually the first was great too. Only a few days of nausea but that was when I was in the back seat of the car in New Jersey on windy small country roads; I might have been nauseous either way. So the big question... Will we find out what it is? Nope. It was too fun to wait the whole time with Boozie so we're planning on waiting again. So, since we use gdiapers and I just finished my too-skinny-for-g-diapers newborn stash, I thought I'd share some fun cloth diaper pictures and get you excited to start your own gdiaper stash. :)

some tiny newborn cloth diapers

Boozie's first gdiaper- a red one worn on Valentine's Day

16 comments:

Amy said...

Sweet! I think they are so cute. Maybe I will start Halle. How much are the refills? Do you order them or can you just buy them at a store?

Liz said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

Hymas Family said...

Congratulations! You know I just recently commented that Boozie needed a Boozette to play with. Nice to hear you took my advice:) Congratulations - we are so excited for y'all!

Em said...

Thanks for the congrats. We're very excited too. :) And Amy, the refills are at Whole Foods and they're $15ish per pack. We mostly use a hemp washable insert in them and just use the flushie inserts for church, out of town, etc... so I haven't bought any in awhile. But I can totally give you any info you need. Plus I have a coupon for the flushies if you want it.

Yasmine said...

Congratulations on #2! It's nice to have 2 so they have each other to play with.

Jody said...

Congrats, my dear! Glad to hear you're feeling well.

kaye said...

Congrats guys! That is super exciting! And I am way jealous of the shopping within such a short distance of your new place. WAY.

The Smith Family said...

Congrats on #2 Em! Two is so much fun!:) Not sure what I think about the diaper thing, but they sure are cute fabrics and such--much more cute than regular ol' disposables! Glad to hear you're feeling well. YAY!

bmz said...

Congrats Emilee. It's so exciting to see your family grow.

Virginia G said...

Hooray!! Do you know your actual due date? Man, you were good to wait so long for your announcement. Ours is Dec 7 - not sure if we'll find out or not, but I am definitely interested in the coupon code for the Gdiapers. If I go back to work again, our daycare provider probably won't use them, but I'd like to use them on weekends/evenings. We use the nature babycare disposables (compostable!) for daycare.

Congratulations to you and Trav - I am so thrilled for you!!

Em said...

virginia- actual due date for now is 13 dec and even tho they changed our due date like 4 times last time, charlie was born the day after the original due date. so we're sticking by that one. :) and i'll totally send you the coupon code when i get it in a week. you'll love the gs. plus the wet ones make for great compost!

mindi said...

Please send the coupon code! That is such a screaming deal! We are loving the g diaps too! Congrats on number two!

Becca said...

Well I don't have anything original to say, but I wanted to leave my congratulations nonetheless. That's really exciting that you are having another baby. Seriously. Awesome.

haley said...

Congrats to you guys; I'm so happy to hear! I hope it's okay that I peek in on you. I love to see what's going on with you. You are such a great person Emilee.

Em said...

haley- of course you may peek in on us. just like i peek in on you. :) i love your fam and love reading your updates! tell a-dog i said hi.

Lindsey said...

Congrats! I'm so excited for you!