So one thing I learned from my sisters when they were here is about babies and stations. Sometimes they just don't want to sleep in their beds and sometimes they just don't want to sleep in their car seats. So they need options; apparently they're called stations. I've been trying to come up with various stations so Sweet Charlie Boy can have some variety and can have good naps during the day. :) So we started out with his mini crib and his car seat but those weren't helping us out during dinner and shower time. So we decided we wanted a bouncer seat and while watching Friday Night Lights, we decided the one Gracie Belle sits in seemed fab. So I researched it and found it and we ordered it. We located one here in Little Rock at a store, but since we wanted Charlie to have the most fashionably-colored bouncy seat, we had to order it online so he could have the black and red version. It seems awesome and hopefully it is. Too bad the company at amazon has taken over 2 weeks to ship so that station still hasn't arrived!
Another station idea is the infamous swing. We were hesitant to get one at first cos they're so big and annoying to store, but I think I found an option that will work out. It's a mini travel swing and it gets pretty good reviews. It folds flat and can store under a bed and it has some good features as well. Anyone used it before?
Another successful station is the Maya Wrap. At first he seemed skeptical of it and was not a fan but lately he's been loving it. It's fun cos he holds his hand on the edge of it and just hangs out or sleeps while I do laundry, sweep, organize, etc... So 3 stations down, more to come... Any other station ideas?
3 comments:
I only have a fold up travel swing because I hated how big the normal ones are. It works great, I love it. When baby grows out of it it fits neatly in a closet or under the bed!
It's so cute that you say my sisters taught you about stations - that's all Bean, though I do think it's a marvy idea :)
What about a boppy for a floor and tummy time station? Also, just a cozy blanket with attractive toys at the edges, the developmental therapist in me insists that babies need stations that aren't contraptions because that is where they learn, practice, and build motor skills. Ok, I am shutting up now. Charli is beautiful and darling and I cannot wait until he visits his Auntie Lis here so I can meet him in person.
Post a Comment