Saturday, September 18, 2010

Farewell

Tonight as I sit here preparing my Sunday School lesson, I am greeted by a chilling wind coming in from the windows. This past week we have finally faced the facts that fall comes early in New Jersey and that summer is over. Sure, they already closed the pool. Sure, the kids all started school. Sure, it is dark at 8pm now. But I just wasn't ready to accept the fact that winter is on the horizon. Scary, dark, freezing, lonely winter. So we've been denying that it's coming. We kept the air conditioner units in the windows just in case another hot day surprised us. But today we finally took them out and relocated them to the attic. This morning after I got back from my run and T was getting ready to go he said he was shivering. I responded with the obligatory, "Don't look at me; it was your choice to move here." And he responded with, "I need some hot chocolate. And it's only September!" He seems to forget that he grew up in Utah. But the cold here is different; it's bone chilling.

Let's be positive and think of the pros of fall coming:
1. Candy corn and candy corn pumpkin season
2. Pumpkin bread season
3. More time for blogging since there's less time for swimming, playing at the park, eating outside, etc...
4. Chilly evenings make knitting seem more appropriate
5. Well, that's about all I can think of. Four is better than none, though.

But at least we enjoyed our summer filled with swim lessons; trips to see cousins, aunts, uncles, grandmas, opas, grandpas, gmas, etc...; horsey rides; learning to eat food; learning to crawl, sit up, roll over; learning to use the toilet; getting a new big boy room... (Just to name a few).


yummy spoon

Nothing says fun like playing with Uncle Ty in the big vinyl school bus

3 comments:

kristin said...

hooray for an update!!! your little linc is delicious!!

Teriney said...

Oh cute little boys!!!

Becky said...

oh, i feel your pain...scary, freezing, dark winter---BOO!!!! i love boozle's room! i totally agree: no car bed, no tracks, no red and blue plaid, hahaha!