Pictures are getting hung in this house and making it feel like ours. We finally found the ultimate perfect rug (we think) and it is on its way! We spotted it at overstock.com and of course, the color we wanted was sold out. I checked everyday for about 1 week and had no luck. Then, on a whim I checked early Saturday morning and there was 1 left and it was the color we needed! I still have my doubts that it is real, but we did get a tracking number and when it arrives, I guess my doubts will cease.
The craigslist-find dresser has had its gouges filled with wood filler, primed, painted, and polyurethaned and the armoire is following close behind but is still on the primer stage. The fabulous hardware has been ordered and soon enough, there will be a Ta-Da post to show everyone the final results. Just a warning: I forgot to take before pictures so you'll just have to imagine that sad sights they were. I even was inspired to follow this tutorial and make some fun stencil-y (but non-Halloween) plates for our black & white-themed dining room. I think it'll be fab.
And also, I figured out a magic way to be able to paint and prime while Boozie is awake. This darling house has a sandbox in the backyard and Boozie + sand = true love. Remember this party?
And last but not least, we have a really fun park directly across the street that can be seen from all the windows. The only downfall is that Boozle stands at the window and says "parken?" which means the park in Swedish all hours of the day. Regardless if it's raining, dark, freezing cold, etc... He doesn't care. Today that word might have been replaced with Gymboree, which may be worse because his class is only on Tuesdays and we can't just walk across the street to get there. All before his nap he kept saying "Gymbee?" over and over. Boozle is so much fun; I love being his mama.
6 comments:
So Emilee, where did you guys end up finding a house? Wonder how far you are from my in-law in Madison....
we're renting a house in Morristown which is literally 10 minutes from Madison! how crazy is that? next time you're out visiting, let us know and we'll def have to plan something fun together.
Can't wait to see the pictures! You seems you have a lot of fun, inspiring projects in the works these days!
very cool stencil project; i can't wait for pics either...you're a great mamma!
i wish that this boozle's aunt could hear him say such cute theens.
One of my best college friends lives on Oak Park Drive in Morristown - Bill went to Delbarton for High School - hopefully we'll be there in the next several months!
Post a Comment