Friday, August 29, 2008
He's a big boy
When we started CB on solid food we never gave him any of the pre-made, pureed, packaged baby foods. (3 points in Scattergories :) I just cooked sweet potatoes and mashed them up and gave him little pieces of banana or avocado. So now he thinks he's such a big boy and won't tolerate anything pureed. Like this morning, for example, I made him some millet that I ground to a chunky consistency but he wouldn't eat it; he just wanted to eat my whole steel-cut oats with bananas. So I tossed the millet and made him some steel-cut oats with bananas and he gobbled them down. Yesterday I tried to give him some pureed vegetables and he was gagging and spitting them out. I understood why when I tasted the mix I had made and agreed that it was terrible. I guess he's just a boy that knows what he wants and stands firm in his decisions. I guess that's why once he decided he wasn't going to turn for labor, he stuck by it. No matter how much mugwort I did.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love how similar our ideas and ideals are. Do you have any good sources or books that teach about non-commercial babyfood options?
Totally. Super Baby Food by Ruth Yaron is the main one I use. Also, wholesomebabyfood.com is a fabulous resource with all kinds of recipes and info.
Post a Comment