Sunday, April 27, 2008

April Basket


So I picked up our first basket from the Basket-A-Month program and we're big fans. This month the basket included: hormone-free milk, free-range eggs, yogurt, custard, butter, cream, cheese, honey, spring mix greens, sweet potatoes, strawberries, 7 grain bread, shiitake mushrooms, brown rice, and Trav's favorite, a pound of bacon. So far we have enjoyed the mushrooms, eggs, strawberries, and butter. They even give you recipe suggestions to use up your goods. And as luck would have it, channel 7 news was there at the same time I was, so they interviewed me and I was on the 10pm news and here on their website. Hurray for the locavores.

10 comments:

Jody said...

You rocked that news clip... although, do I detect a little southern accent? ;)

I don't think I've ever seen your hair that short. It looks very cute.

As soon as we move, we're going to plant a vegetable garden and I can't wait!

Lima Bean said...

What a funny comment--did they miss a word in there somewhere? "and also the taste-nothing beats like fresh produce." I couldn't get the video to work, but I'm sure you were great.

{irene} said...

Woho!!..You looked great!!!...you are a pro!...maybe I should have you in my show?...how's your spanish???

Jessica said...

loved the news clip! your new pics of cb on picasa are soooo cute! he's getting so big and his hair is turning lighter, right? he's dang cute em!

Yasmine said...

So cool- how much do they charge for a basket like that? We know all about local farmers trying to survive...I wish they'd start something like that here. We have a bunch of farmers markets, but I like the baskets! You look great in the video. You also seem to have picked up a little Arkansas lilt to your voice!

kristin said...

you're so brave, i would have probably turned them down!! the only thing lacking was little man! i'm going to sign up when we get back! miss ya'll:)

Lis said...

P.S. Your hair looks fab.

mindi said...

that looks amazing! i looked into csa after reading your prior post, but sadly nothing in this crazy county. sounds like this is gonna be a great summer! you are such a super star!

Parrylarious said...

I agree! You looked great! What's even better....I now know what to call people from Arkansas after watching that clip....Arkansans. (Just so you know, I find that hilarious. Just say it a few times fast, Arkansans, Arkansans, Arkansans.)

Miss you!

McKay said...

Hey there! We're good, freelance is good, Portland is good-- I guess it's all good! And congrats to you both on the new addition! Very cute. It's crazy to see all these little families springing up... : )