Almost every afternoon, around 4pm after naps and after snacks, I prep and cook dinner while listening to glorious sounds of play. Today it's coming from upstairs as tigger and baby roo ride the tractor around the little town we built yesterday. It is as I listen to this that I consider homeschooling for the first few years. Next year would be the last year boozle can do preschool before starting full-day kindergarten! I can't stand the thought of full-day kindergarten nor can I stand the thought of him being gone next year for preschool. He's still learning how to be the best big brother. He still craves hours to run around and tell story after story to anyone that will listen. He is still perfecting how to build the train track and the street together. To preschool or not to preschool: so many decisions for a mama to make.
3 comments:
It's nice to see you back blogging again. I think preschool depends on the dynamics of each child. This year I have done a "joy school" of sorts with Halle, where a few of us moms rotate teaching each week. It has worked out very well and is only T/Th for 2 hours. I think I will do it again next year vs. a formal preschool.
I love homeschooling! It has been wonderful! It has some challenges but they are totally outweighed by the benefits! and most of the challenges are related to this perfectionistic mom...but H is doing fantastic! I love the flexibility and watching her little mind grow! I will homeschool again for 1st grade and then we will see after that. Call sometime and we will chat! ps love the potty training book...starting in a few weeks! Thanks for refering it!
Good luck deciding what to do. I went through some decision making about what to do with Hunter since I had the option of sending him to a different school with different programs. I prayed, and then shortly received confirmation about what I already knew in my heart.
Trust your gut and pray, and you'll know what's best for you and your little guy.
Aren't brothers just awesome!
Post a Comment