Friday, January 14, 2011

Crafty Month

Since in the past 2 weeks the highest temperature we've seen has been about 34 and the lowest temperature was today when the high was 27, my babies and I have been getting creative about what to do in this tiny little house. Today's activity was teaching Boozle to sew. Every time I get out the sewing machine he's fascinated by it. When I made the flags for his room, he watched intently as the needle bobbed up and down and went across the fabric "like a train", he said. And since I had the sewing machine out to make my contribution to the pinwheel quilt for this virtual quilting bee I joined, today was the perfect day. He kept asking, "Now are you going to show me how to sew?" And so after I finished up this I Spy quiet activity kit, we started in on our lesson.

I pushed the pedal while he guided the fabric. He lifted the presser foot while I turned the fabric and in the end, a pillow for sleepy Mater Tow Truck's head was born.



and yes, Big Baby now has 4 teeth


my best buddies

No comments: