Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Hibernation

Boozie finally got his first real cold. So sad. I guess it's inevitable eventually but still sad. He couldn't sleep well because he was coughing and congested. One night he even woke up almost every single hour. We were all beat. After a few nights of the humidifier, miracle Eucalyptus oil, and the dreaded nose suction, he seems much better. Last night he slept from 6:30 pm til 5:45 am and I fed him and then he slept until 8 am! We all loved it. Now he's full of energy to use up on his new jumper toy. Thanks Opa & Oma Belt for the great early Christmas gift.
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Lima Bean said...

James and Owie just watched this video at least 10 times. They can't get enough pictures of Chuck. What did you do with the eucalyptus oil? We're glad he's feeling better.

{irene} said...

pOOR cHARLIE.....

Em said...

i rub 1 drop of eucalyptus oil over his feet and chest and it works wonders. like vicks but way better.

Mel Glade said...

I LOVE the jumper. I laughed when I watched the clip, he looks SO happy. It's awesome. Glad he's feeling better.

Virginia G said...

He is the cutest kid. Colds stink! I did find that the nose frida (check it out here: http://www.nosefrida.com/), as gross as it seems, actually worked better than the bulb. plus there's a double-filter, so the gross factor is really just in your head. You'll be amazed.... California Baby makes a bubble bath/soap for colds that F seemed to like, too. But sometimes they just need to sleep and cry. :(

Em said...

how cool is that nosefrida? of course it's made in sweden. thanks for the tips! i just ordered one. and unfortunately, cb's skin is super sensitive so he has to only use cetaphil for wash. but we do use eucalyptus oil on him which is what is in that california baby wash.

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting! What a treat to see him jumping in it. Mommy was right, he does love it! What an angel. I miss you all sooo much already! Kiss my boys for me!

Lis said...

hee hee. Does that noise drive you bonkers or is it just exaggerated on the mini-vid?

Em said...

no, it is definitely very loud. trav thinks it's loud and obnoxious but i don't mind it. the fun of watching him bounce in it outweighs the sound for me :)